SAFETY FIRST…….BE SURE TO THOROUGHLY READ THESE WARNINGS!
FUEL IS FLAMMABLE AND DANGEROUS. STRICT ADHERANCE TO THE SAFETY WARNINGS BELOW IS MOST IMPORTANT.
• Ethanol Fuel and fireplace should ONLY be handled BY ADULTS. Keep children at a safe distance and never let them operate the fireplace and fuel.
• DO NOT allow children or pets near fireplace when burning.
• To insure safe use, you must carefully read and adhere to ALL of the manufacturer’s instructions.
These instructions should be kept for reference for as long as you own the fireplace and should be provided to anyone planning to use this ethanol fireplace.
• NEVER OPEN FUEL BOTTLE NEAR OPEN FLAME. A DANGEROUS FIRE FLASH COULD RESULT.
• NEVER overfill your fuel reservoir. NEVER fill fuel reservoir more than ¾ full.
• NEVER REFILL THE FUEL RESERVOIR WHILE THE FLAME IS BURNING OR UNIT IS HOT. Be sure fuel reservoir has cooled down for 15 minutes before attempting to add more fuel.
• After filling your fireplace, be sure to replace bottle top and remove bottle from area of the fireplace before lighting the fireplace. D0 NOT touch during burning or immediately after burning.
• CLEAN UP ANY FUEL THAT MAY HAVE SPILLED and make sure any surface moisture from spillage is gone or has evaporated before lighting.
• Only use an extended lighter or long match to ignite. Never attempt to ignite with any other device.
• Never store Ethanol Fuel in direct sunlight, or allow fuel to become heated. Always keep it in a dry cool area and store fuel a safe distance from fireplace, away from children. Keep fuel container closed.
• When first lit, the flame may be nearly invisible. The same happens just before fuel runs out. At all times, be certain that fire is out before refueling. To be safe, always double check that no flame is present before refilling by closing lid or placing snuffer lid on top of fuel reservoir for at least one minute.
• NEVER LEAVE A BURNING FIREPLACE UNATTENDED.
• Never attempt to move the fireplace while it is lit (burning) or is still hot.
• Never place any objects in the fireplace or near the flame (flammable or non-flammable).
• KEEP FLAMMABLE OBJECTS AT LEAST 4 FT AWAY FROM FIREPLACE WHILE LIT OR HOT.
• Use only ethanol fuel made specifically for fireplaces. See www.anywherefireplace.com for recommended fuels. Burning common alcohol found in drug stores and home improvement stores is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. Their emissions are toxic and not safe to inhale indoors or even outdoors.
• ALWAYS READ FUEL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS provided by fuel manufacturer.
FIRST AID MEASURES:
• Eyes: Immediately flush affected area with plenty of cool water. Flush eyes for at least 15 minutes. Seek immediate medical attention.
• Skin: Rinse exposed area well with water and wash with soap. If irritation persists, consult a physician or dermatologist.
• Ingestion: If victim is conscious and able to swallow, have victim drink water or milk to dilute. Never give anything by mouth if victim is unconscious or convulsing. Do not induce vomiting. Call a physician or poison control center immediately.
• Inhalation: Immediately move victim into fresh air. In case of breathing difficulties, administer artificial respiration. If there is no immediate improvement, seek medical assistance.